Commissioners Present: Anne O’Connell (Chair), Andrea Johnson (Vice-Chair), Carl Blanchard, John Kissida, Wyn Morton, Jeff Odell, and David Valcourt
Others Present: Mark O’Brien (Director of Operations), Colin Walsh, Golf Course Superintendent, Jay Packett (Asst. Oper. Mgr.).
THIS MEETING WAS HELD REMOTELY WITH AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDED. The meeting may be viewed at: http://video.brewster-ma.gov/CablecastPublicSite/show/4941?channel=1
Anne O’Connell called the meeting to order at 4:00 pm after reading remote meeting guidelines and procedures.
Golf Operations Updates and Concerns:
- Carl Blanchard has noticed there are a great many groups not following the recommendation for wearing a mask. Mark O’Brien said there are two signs on each putting green, but are hard to police. Players are required to wear masks in the clubhouse, on the putting greens and at the driving range and are not required to wear masks elsewhere on the grounds unless they cannot social distance. Large groups are advised of the mask policy and are asked to check the website for golf course rules.
- Discussion followed re signage, cleaning and opening of the restrooms.
Possible Vote on Revised Refund Policy:
- John Kissida brought up the matter of the three-play limit. Discussion followed.
- A motion was made by Dave Valcourt, seconded by Wyn Morton to change the word unanimous to majority in the last paragraph of the amendment to the policy. Motion passed 7-0.
- Anne O’Connell made a motion, seconded by Andrea Johnson, that the third paragraph remains and is rewritten as follows: for an AFP to be eligible for a refund of the remaining balance they must make application prior to June 30 of the current membership year. The next paragraph should read if the AFP applies after June 30 of the current membership year he/she would be eligible for a credit. Discussion followed. Motion was withdrawn as currently written.
- The refund policy will be rewritten and presented at the next meeting.
- Dave Valcourt assumes most people were satisfied with the current plans and he would like to include the National Golf Foundation study, the irrigation study and the maintenance facility study. Anne O’Connell asked Dave Valcourt to include these studies and send out the plans.
- John Kissida would like to include management of property to maintain and enhance the course aesthetics and course visibility and playability, explaining the view and maintenance of the various gardens and the trash containers.
- The capital plan was discussed and will be revisited. Mark O’Brien will generate a five-year forecast.
- Discussion followed regarding signage. The Friends will replace the sign at the front entrance.
- Budget contingency line-item was suggested.
Topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate:
- Solar project materials should be delivered within the next three weeks. The driving range should be open through mid-November.
Future agenda items and meetings:
- Proposed budget and rates.
- Refund requests.
- Finalize refund plan.
- Solar project.
- Capital budget.
A motion to adjourn was made by Jeff Odell, seconded by Wyn Morton, and passed 7-0. The meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m.