Commissioners Present: Anne O’Connell (Chair), Carl Blanchard (Vice-Chair), Wyn Morton, Jeff Odell, Ed Pavlu, John Piemontese, and Judy McCarthy.
Others Present: Mark O’Brien (Director of Operations), Ed Stefanik (CCMGA), Paige Ferraguto (Women’s 18-Hole Assn.), Jerri Carlin (Women’s 9-Hole Assn.), Mike Embury (Town Administrator), Cindy Bingham (Selectmen liaison), and Judy Miller.
This meeting was held at the Captains Golf Course and was not televised.
Call to Order: Anne O’Connell called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
- Jerri Carlin reported that the practice nets will be up soon. Also, the remodeling of the halfway house bathrooms should be completed by May 1.
- Cindy Bingham reported that Peter Johnson is looking into having the CPC place a conservation restriction on the Captains Golf Course.
Correspondence and Suggestion Box:
- Anne O’Connell reported that she, Mark O’Brien, Carl Blanchard, and John Piemontese have been meeting regarding the restaurant RFP and possible renovations to the restaurant. It is the consensus of this group that the layout of the existing restaurant is very limiting and unappealing to our customers. It is the recommendation of this group to hire an architect to draw up a schematic for a couple of different layouts with estimated costs and include this information in the RFP package to prospective bidders.
- The meeting then moved to the restaurant area so that the renovation ideas could be explained to those in attendance. Discussion followed.
- Jeff Odell made a motion, seconded by Wyn Morton, to contract with an architect of the group’s choosing to formulate schematics and cost estimates. The motion was approved unanimously.
- In Pete Ervin’s absence there was no report.
- Mark O’Brien reported that the Selectmen approved the Golf Department budget at their meeting last night.
- Mark O’Brien reported that the hand driers were in and will be installed in the restrooms within the next month.
Future Agenda Items:
- Energy audit.
Review and Approve 1/1/17 minutes:
- The minutes were just distributed today and will be reviewed and approved at the next meeting.
Topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate:
Ed Pavlu made a motion, seconded by Judy McCarthy, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously.
The next meeting of the Brewster Golf Commission will be held on March 14, 2017 at 4 p.m.
Mark O’Brien, Director of Operations