Commissioners Present: John Piemontese (Chair), Carl Blanchard, Anne O’Connell, Wyn Morton, Andrea Johnson and Jeff Odell. Ed Pavlu was absent.
Others Present: Pete Ervin (Superintendent), Paige Ferraguto (18-Hole Women’s Association and Friends of Captains), Cindy Bingham (Select Board liaison), Bill Meehan (Finance Committee liaison), Bill O’Brien (CCMGA), and Jerri Carlin.
This meeting was held at the Town Hall and was televised. The video of the meeting may be viewed at: http://view.earthchannel.com/PlayerFlex.aspx?PGD=brewsterma&eID=1471
Call to Order: John Piemontese called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Correspondence and Suggestion Box:
- Nothing to report.
- Pete Ervin reported that Rob Campbell will be giving a talk at next month’s Regional New England Turf Grass Conference. The subject will be tips and tricks of golf course maintenance.
- There has been quite a bit of tree work done on the golf course.
- Sink hole repair is progressing.
- Work on the net is ongoing.
- Spring clean-up is under way.
- The Dew Sweepers’ bench was destroyed by a falling tree and will be replaced.
In Mark O’Brien’s absence, John Piemontese reported the following:
- Painting in various areas of the clubhouse is nearly finished. The rotted trim has been painted and replaced.
- Carpet and tile cleaning will be done this week.
- Failed windows in the restaurant will be replaced. Windows have been ordered.
- Quotes on restroom cleaning have been ordered and may not work out financially.
- Sean and Zack have picked up furniture from the Brookside Club that was purchased by the Friends for $4,050.
- There was a pipe break in the Pavilion from the sprinkler system and will be repaired this week. There was no damage as this is a dry system.
- Tile work in the ladies’ room will be done shortly.
- The bid spec. for the Cape Cod Processing Service should go out next week. This is being coordinated with Town Hall.
- Mark O’Brien has a quote for some granite directional signs for the golf course and will be coordinating with the Friends about this project.
- We are booth-sharing with the Chamber of Commerce at the Boston Golf Show which is the first weekend of March and the Portland Maine show which is mid-March. Mark O’Brien will be at both shows. Jeff Odell will have a booth at the Western MA Golf Show the first weekend in March.
- The Selectboard voted in favor of the FY 19 budget, and it will be presented to the Finance Committee on March 21.
- It is too early to say anything about memberships; will be updated at the next meeting.
- Not much to say about financials. It has not been a great golf season so far.
Web Site Marketing:
- Wyn Morton gave an overview of activity being generated by the website. Discussion followed.
Future Agenda Items:
- General marketing schemes for the summer.
- Twilight and back-9 play.
Review and Approve Minutes:
- A motion was made by Jeff Odell, seconded by Anne O’Connell to approve the minutes of January 9, 2018 as written. Motion passed 6-0-0.
- A motion was made by Anne O’Connell, seconded by John Piemontese to approve the minutes of January 24, 2018 as written. Motion passed 6-0-0.
Topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate:
- A motion was made by Anne O’Connell, seconded by Jeff Odell to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed 6-0-0. The meeting was adjourned at 4:39.
The next meeting of the Brewster Golf Commission will be held on March 13, 2018 at 4:00.