The following are the minutes of the Brewster Golf Commission meeting held on September 7, 2010. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 PM.
Commissioners present: Rob Harris, Chairman Cindy Bingham, Vice-Chair Jim Ehrhart Lori Arnold Jeff Odell Marc Fontaine Joseph Shaw, Commissioner Emeritus
Staff present: Mark O’Brien, Director of Operations Steve Mann, Superintendent
Others present: Su Ballentine, Finance Committee Liaison Orin Segall
R. Harris called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
The minutes from the August 10, 2010 meeting were reviewed. A motion made by C. Bingham, seconded by L. Arnold, to approve the minutes as written. Motion passed unanimously.
- We are all set to begin the aerification next week.
- We are losing most of the summer help at this point.
- The disease "summer patch" has done a number on our fairways. We will be overseeding during the aerification process. A preemptive application of fungicide would have alleviated the disease problem, but there were not funds in the budget.
- We are following up on trying to increase our Water Withdrawal permit from DEP.
- The sink hole by #10 Port tee has opened up twice during the recent heavy rains.
- M. O'Brien reported that he received a request for a donation from Community Connections and granted their request.
- M. O'Brien reviewed the financials from August. As was previously indicated guest play was down 7.7% and green fee revenue was down 9.3%. It appears as though the aggressive strategy of moving our price breaks earlier did not have the desired effect and that using reduced prices as a way to increase play and revenue is not the way to go.
BREWSTER GOLF COMMISSION September 7, 2010
- The rate for the 2011 resident Annual Fee Player was discussed. J. Ehrhart made a motion, seconded by C. Bingham to increase the Resident Annual Fee Player rate $25, making the rate for 2011 $725. Motion approved unanimously.
- R. Harris presented a policy change regarding tee time allocation. It reads as follows:
- C. Tee Times and Reservations 1. AFP Tee Times: m) The Golf Commission may adjust the ration of AFP tee times to DFP tee times after the number of AFPs is known and the amount of revenue that has been collected is known. At no time shall the percentage of AFP tee times be lower than the AFP revenue divided by the budgeted golf course expenses.
- C. Bingham made a motion, seconded by J. Ehrhart to approve the above policy change. The motion was approved unanimously.
- L. Arnold reported that the marketing sub-committee has met and are working on a number of initiatives. She will report back at the next meeting.
Since there was no other business, a motion was made by C. Bingham to adjourn the meeting and was seconded by J. Ehrhart. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 5:50 PM. The next meeting will be determined at a later date.