Commissioners Present: Anne O’Connell (Chair), Jeff Odell (Vice-Chair), Cindy Bingham, Wyn Morton, Carl Blanchard, and John Piemontese. (Ed Pavlu absent)

 

Others Present: Mark O’Brien (Director of Operations) and Pete Ervin, (Superintendent).

 

This meeting was held at the Town Hall and was televised. The video of the meeting may be viewed at: http://view.earthchannel.com/PlayerController.aspx?&PGD=brewsterma&eID=994

 

Call to Order: Anne O’Connell called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.

 

Public Comment:

 

  • None

 

Correspondence and Suggestion Box:

 

  • Chatham/Nauset Lions Club requested to hold their Closest to the Pin fundraiser on a Saturday in June. Jeff Odell made a motion, seconded by Carl Blanchard to approve the request with a date approved by Mark O’Brien. Motion passed 6-0-0.

 

Superintendent’s Report:

 

·         Busy with spring clean up.

·         Finishing tree clean up.

·         Winter equipment preparation going on. Tractor transmission being overhauled.

·         Finishing installation of fairway markers.

·         Had to move some family tees so they would not get confused with fairway markers.

·         Someone coming on Thursday to look at lighting on entrance sign.

·         Pete will attend job fair at Cape Tech.

·         Starting up irrigation system soon.

·         Mowing will start soon.

·         Aeration will begin in early April.

·         Jeff Odell asked Mark and Pete if it would make sense to close one course before the open of 36 holes to complete clean up. Mark and Pete said that is not necessary.

 

Director of Operations Report (Mark O’Brien):

 

  • Off to good start financially.
  • Hotel reservations up 54% so far this year.
  • 15 new members so far this year. Three referrals from current members.
  • We are ahead of last year’s fiscal year and ahead of FY2016 financial projections. Wages are down ytd and expenses are about the same. The bottom line for FY2016 is projected to come in ahead of projections by approximately $131,000.
  • Carl Blanchard asked if we could have a report that would clearly show what is being transferred from the Receipts Reserved Account. Mark O’Brien will work on this.
  • Going to FinCom tomorrow night to discuss FY2017 budget, FY2016 performance so far, and 5-year capital plan.
  • Cindy Bingham asked if the monthly financials could be on the web site. Mark O’Brien will look into this.

 

Re-rating of courses:

 

  • Mark O’Brien stated that we are on the schedule to be re-rated. 

 

Web Site (Wyn Morton):

 

  • Wyn reported that we are getting ramped up to update the web site beginning July 1st.

 

Follow-up:

 

  • Anne O’Connell reported that we are proceeding with handicap doors to pavilion and rest rooms.
  • Mark O’Brien reported that the glass will be replaced in pro shop and restaurant windows.

                                                                                                

Future agenda items:

 


·         Lighting on entrance sign.

 

Approval of 2/9/16 minutes:

 

  • A motion was made by Cindy Bingham, seconded by Carl Blanchard to approve the minutes of February 9, 2016.  Motion passed 6-0-0.

 

Topics the Chair did not reasonably anticipate:

 

  • Jeff Odell reported that the directional signs will be installed at either end of Freemans Way, thanks to the help from the DPW.

 

Cindy Bingham made a motion, seconded by Wyn Morton, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved 6-0-0. Meeting adjourned at 5:48 p.m.  

 

Respectfully submitted,

Mark O’Brien, Director of Operations

X

Monday, February 20 - The golf course is open for walking only, no carts. Be aware that there is still some snow cover on the course.

¤