The following are the minutes of the Brewster Golf Commission meeting held on 7/10/2012 at the Captains Golf Course. The meeting was called to order at 4:30 PM by Cindy Bingham.
Commissioners present: Cindy Bingham, Vice-Chair
Staff present: Mark O’Brien, Director of Operations
Others Present: Ginny O’Loughlin, Women’s 9-Hole Assn.
Jim Foley, liaison from Selectmen
Judy McCarthy, Women’s 18-Hole Assn.
Election of Officers:
M. O’Brien called for nominations from the floor for Golf Commission Chairman. A. O’Connell nominated Cindy Bingham. This was seconded by J. Odell. There were no other nominations. The vote was unanimous to name Cindy Bingham Chairman of the Golf Commission.
C. Bingham called for nominations from the floor for Golf Commission Vice-Chairman. M. Fontaine nominated Jim Ehrhart. This was seconded by A. O’Connell. There were no other nominations. The vote was unanimous to name Jim Ehrhart Vice-Chairman of the Golf Commission.
- Ginny O’Loughlin reported that the Women’s 18/9-Hole Association will be held on July 12th and the League Championship will begin on July 26th.
- Judy McCarthy reported that pace of play has been slow playing behind the public play. Susan Eifert had a hole-in-one on the 2nd hole today.
- Jeff Odell reported that 5 more tables for the patio are due in about a week from the Friends of the Captains.
- Concerns were raised about The Back Nine Café regarding the speed of service, efficiency of the beverage cart girls, and not serving lunch before 11:30 a.m. M. O’Brien will discuss with them when he has his semi-annual meeting with them.
- Jon Peterson said he had a guest in town and was impressed by the condition of the course, but was disappointed by some messy looking directional arrows painted on the pavement of the cart paths. M. O’Brien said he look into better ways to direct the golfers.
Director of Operations Report (Mark O’Brien):
M. O’Brien presented the financials for June. The fiscal year is not yet completely closed out. When all the numbers have been verified by Town Hall he will distribute the final FY2012 report.
Paul Perno requested a credit of his 2012 AFP fee to be applied toward his 2013 AFP fee. Since this request meets the Commission policy requirement, J. Ehrhart made a motion seconded by J. Odell to approve a $1360 credit toward Paul Perno’s 2013 AFP membership fee. Motion approved unanimously.
Jan Baxter requested a credit of her 2012 AFP fee to be applied toward her 2013 AFP fee. Since this request meets the Commission policy requirement, J. Ehrhart made a motion seconded by A. O’Connell to approve a $882 credit toward jan Baxter’s 2013 AFP membership fee. Motion approved unanimously.
M. O’Brien was asked about using Facebook to promote open times. He said he would look into this.
In Steve Mann’s absence, there was no report.
Family Tees Update:
M. O’Brien reported that the Family Tees have been well received by those that use them. He printed up 40 scorecards for the Family Tees and at this point only about 12 of those have been used.
Update on Pace of Play:
C. Bingham said it took 5 hours and 10 minutes to play last Saturday. M. O’Brien said that there have been a few days where the pace was slow and that it would not be accurate to portray the pace of play based on the 4th of July weekend. Overall he said the pace has been better this year.
Approval of minutes:
J. Odell made a motion, seconded by J. Ehrhart, to approve the minutes form the June 19, 2012 Golf Commission meeting. Motion approved unanimously.
· An email from Ed Lewis regarding members dissatisfaction with tee time availability was discussed. No action taken.
· A ramp to the rear deck was discussed. No action taken.
· Ten new tee signs have been ordered.
J. Ehrhart made a motion to adjourn, seconded by L. Arnold. Motion approved unanimously.
Next meeting: August 14, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
Mark O’Brien, Director of Operations