Commissioners Present: Anne O'Connell (Chair), Jeff Odell (Vice-Chair), Ed Pavlu, Cindy Bingham, Marc Fontaine, Carl Blanchard, and Judy McCarthy.
Others Present: Mark O'Brien (Director of Golf Operations).
This meeting was held at the Captains Golf Course and was not televised.
Call to Order: Anne O’Connell called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
2015 Rates: One Year Trial Rate for new non-residents:
- Cindy Bingham made a motion to offer an introductory rate to new non-resident members of $1,199. The motion was seconded by Anne O’Connell. The motion was defeated by a vote of 2 in favor (Cindy Bingham and Carl Blanchard) and 5 against.
- Mark O’Brien presented an alternative introductory offer for new non-resident members in 2015. The rate offered would be the regular $1,500 fee, but would include $200 worth of range balls, a free handicap, and a $100 gift card to be used however the new member wanted.
- Marc Fontaine made a motion to approve the introductory offer presented by Mark O’Brien. After discussion and a recommendation by Carl Blanchard, the motion was amended to include 3 complimentary guest passes in place of the $100 gift card. This amended motion was seconded by Ed Pavlu. The amended motion passed unanimously.
- Jeff Odell made a motion to continue the $100 bounty program that was in place last year that gives a $100 gift card to any existing member that introduces a new member to the Captains Golf Course (same requirements as last year). The motion was seconded by Cindy Bingham. Motion approved unanimously.
- Judy McCarthy asked for some clarification on the rate freeze for those 85 and older. This will be clarified at the next meeting.
The next meeting will be held on January 13, 2015 at the Town Hall. Cindy Bingham made a motion, seconded by Ed Pavlu to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 4:32 pm.
Mark O’Brien, Director of Operations